Monday, January 23, 2012

My Cup of Tea


Is there anything more exciting than the beginning of a new bible study? I love diving into God's Word. As I've begun this new study from Beth Moore called "James: Mercy Triumphs", I have this feeling that God has picked exactly the Word He wants me to hear.

I could have done a bible study with the folks at my little church, but the topics just didn't call to me. And then I remembered that I could easily do a study at home. Buy the book, download the weekly videos, and do the homework. It was as if God was whispering "Let's just do this study together, you and me."

And right there, on day one, the very thoughts that I've been pondering for the last six weeks. Joseph, a simple carpenter who becomes a man of dreams. Mary, chosen to be the mother of a savior. Simeon, and his prophetic words.

It gives me goosebumps.

I love it when the pastor's sermons, with no planning, preach the very words I've been reading in my daily study. Just yesterday, I leaned over to my husband during the sermon and whispered in his ear "This is right out of my new study!"

Isn't God wonderful? It reminds me of the words of Jeremiah 29:13-14: "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you."

I love God's Word. It's just my cup of tea!


And here's a little square card that is also my cup of tea! This stamp is from Amuse Studio, and I've paired it with some papers (SU DSP) and stitched grosgrain ribbon (Amuse) for a little clean and simple card ready for Valentine's Day or any day!


Blessings on your week ahead, friends!

1 comment:

  1. I love those goose-bump moments! I hope the family is happy and healthy...we're working on that healthy thing right now...ugh! My prayers are with you and Ed...for quick healing and patience! Love you.

    ReplyDelete